Work at Ethical Swag
Now Hiring: Production Coordinator
At Ethical Swag, we believe work should be meaningful. While work/life balance is important to us, fair wages and working conditions are just as important in our supply chain. When the company does well, we all prosper. We are committed to these things every day while selling fabulous, people & planet-friendly promotional products across North America. We are a different kind of company working in a traditional, well-established industry: we are shaking things up, doing things differently, so we can have an impact in the world while living our best life. If that sounds like something for you, please keep reading!
Ethical Swag is a Certified B Corporation committed to source, promote, and sell ethically sourced promotion products so our client’s brand can shine while having a low environmental impact in the process.
About the Production Coordinator Role
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who is interested in sustainability and has an entrepreneurial mindset. You will be part of a small team working to bring sustainable promotional products to companies, governments, and not-for-profit organisations across North America. You will perform a wide range of production and administrative activities to optimize the operation of the organization.
This is a remote position located in Canada. To qualify for application you must be a Canadian citizen or have permission to work in Canada.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Receive orders online, by phone, and by email and input them into the system.
- Assist clients on their ordering process: understand their needs, curate products, provide price estimates, and process orders.
- Work with suppliers to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of branded promotional products.
- Reconcile orders and forward invoices to bookkeeping.
- Prepare proposals and do research for the sales team.
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries.
- Maintain up-to-date process records in the Intranet, keep records regarding our memberships, and update our suppliers database.
- Manage the CRM process, and work with the marketing team to perform daily tasks for marketing outreach to clients, including collecting and properly storing the data.
- Work with bookkeepers and develop management reports.
- Work with the Online Visual Merchandiser to add new products to our websites, identify suppliers, and further develop the supply chain.
- Source sustainable merchandise suppliers, catalog their sustainability audits, manage internal files for Code of Conduct of suppliers, and manufacturing plant sustainability criteria.
- Develop and implement a supplier identification system.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout all communication channels: chat box, phone, email, social media, etc.
- Take ownership of the product inventory database, keeping it up to date with pricing and its variables and availability from the supplier.
- Follow up with past clients to gather feedback and ensure their order was completed with 100% of success.
Skills and experience are you bringing:
- You are a highly organized individual with strong attention to detail.
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment.
- You are a master at multitasking.
- You are able to work remotely and independently, but also as part of a team.
- You love challenges and problem-solving.
- You have flexible work hours.
- You can prioritize tasks and respect deadlines.
- You enjoy learning new skills and creating meaningful work.
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You enjoy working and interacting with clients.
- You are fluent in English.
- You have a degree or diploma in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, Office Administration, or a similar field.
- Prior experience with production and supply chain is a bonus.
- You are proficient in Google Workplace (Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc).
- Some experience with project management software, e-commerce platforms, and marketing software (CRM, productivity, and creative) is considered an asset. But most of all, you must not be afraid of learning new skills and software!
How to Apply:
Please send us a one page cover letter outlining your relevant experience for the role and tell us why you want to work with us at Ethical Swag and your updated resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Re: PRODUCTION COORDINATOR POSITION.
Deadline for applications is January 28th 2021. We encourage everyone to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.